Terms & Conditions
- The Company means 3 Counties Motorcycle Training.
- The Customer means any person or organisation that engages the services of The Company
- The Agreement means the Agreement between the Company and the Customer for the provision of services which incorporates these Terms and Conditions.
- Deposit Price and Terms of Payment
- A deposit of £300 or payment in full if less, is payable at time of booking.
- Deposit is non-refundable.
- The balance is payable no less than 14 clear working days prior to the Course or part thereof date.
- The Company accepts payment with all major credit and debit cards. The company does not accept cheques.
- Customers Obligations
- The Customer will provide accurate information to the Company.
- The customer will ensure that they have the necessary documents to ride a motorcycle/moped on the public highway in the United Kingdom.
- If the Customer uses a motorcycle/moped which is not provided by the Company the Customer will ensure that it is in good and sound mechanical order and has valid insurance cover.
- The Customer will wear suitable protective clothing consisting of jacket, long hard wearing trousers, stout foot wear covering the ankle avoiding steel toecaps.
- The Customer is required to bring their own helmet and gloves for training. They must comply with UK legal requirements.
- The customer will be able to read a car registration plate at a distance of 20.5 metres.
- The Customer will inform the Company at time of booking of any medical condition or medication which may affect their ability to complete the Course. Medical evidence may be required.
- The Customer will read and understand the Highway Code prior to attending the Course.
- The customer will pay for any damage caused by them to any vehicle or equipment belonging to the Company. Parts will be charged at full retail price plus a labour rate of £40, per hour or part thereof, to carry out any works required. Payment to be made immediately on request by the Company. Any further training may be cancelled without refund if payment not made on request. The customer will be liable for any test fees. (Max £300)
- The Customer must arrive with sufficient time to allow the Course to start on time. Late arrival will result in loss of training and any fees paid.
- The Customer must provide the Company with their full Driving Licence number and DVLA code within 3 days from booking letter date.
- The Customer must advise the company during training if for any reason they feel unfit to continue.
- The Customer must ensure they are physically fit, strong and tall enough to be able to manoeuvre and sit safely on any training machine.
- Any outstanding TBC training dates must be arranged with the company and completed within 3 months of commencement of the course or part of the course package, whichever is the earliest date.
- Failure to comply with your obligations may result in cancellation of your training and loss of your fees.
- Companies Obligations
- The student/instructor ratio for each Course will be at the discretion of the Company and the Company will determine the aptitude of the Customer for each Course.
- The Company shall hold insurance in respect of at least the minimum legal requirement.
- If the Company considers it necessary to cancel the Training Course due to unsafe weather conditions mutually convenient training dates will be arranged. The Customer will be responsible for any fees for the hire of the Companies equipment. The Customer will be responsible for any further test fees. No refund will be offered for cancellation due to weather.
- The Company reserves the absolute discretion to cancel your training or test if you are unfit due to any reason, including but not confined to misuse of alcohol or drugs. No refund will be payable in such circumstances.
- The Company reserves the right to offer an alternative machine should they feel it is appropriate.
- No refund will be payable by the Company unless the Course is cancelled no less the 14 clear working days in advance.
- Upon cancellation in accordance with paragraph 5.1 above there will be a refund to the deposit fee. If a Course is less than the deposit fee, no refund will be given.
- In the event of a cancellation with less than 14 clear working days prior to the Course commencement date the full Course will be payable.
- If the Customer wishes to change agreed and booked Course dates, a charge of 50% of the total course fee may be payable.
- The company shall not be liable for any training lost due to customer illness.
- Training is offered as a Leisure Activity. Cancellation rights are over and above consumer law.
- No refund in whole or part shall be payable once any contracted element of a training course package has commenced.
- Force Majeure
- If due to war, strikes, industrial action in short of a strike, lock outs, accidents, fire, blockage, import/export embargo, ice obstruction, natural catastrophes or other obstacles over which the Company has no control or the Company fails to supply the Course, the Company shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage which may be incurred by the Customer as a result of such failure.
- The Customer should understand that motorcycling can be dangerous and to undertake training is at your own risk. The Company, their employees or agents shall not be held liable for any loss or damage to the Customers property or injury or death unless directly due to the negligence or failure of the Company.
Annexe to Standard Terms and Conditions: Training during Covid-19 restrictions
Safety management of students, staff and the public by 3CMT, UK Government guidelines and DVSA recommendations require that until further notice the following amendments and additions to existing 3CMT terms and conditions will apply. Booking of a 3CMT training course is subject to agreement of both these and the standard terms and conditions. These amendments will apply to all booked training courses until they are withdrawn by 3CMT by written notice on their website at www.3cmt.co.uk
Annexe 1.1 Students MUST NOT attend any booked training and MUST inform 3CMT if they
- Have any COVID-19 symptom(s) or suspected COVID-19 symptom(s)
- Have been in contact with anyone with any COVID-19 symptom(s) or suspected COVID-19 symptom(s)
Annexe 1.2 In the event a student cannot attend training due to Covid-19 illness or isolation our standard booking cancellation policy (5.5) applies
Annexe 1.3 No 3CMT personal protective equipment (PPE) will be loaned as part of a course booking. All students MUST bring their own
- ECE2205 approved motorcycle helmet
- Gloves, preferably motorcycle style
Students who do not bring such equipment will not be permitted to train
Annexe 1.4 Students must bring their own and be wearing at all times whilst training on a motorbike or moped
- A motorcycle jacket or similar strong construction jacket
- Motorcycle trousers or similar strong construction trousers
- Strong over-ankle footwear
Students who do not wear such clothing will not be permitted to train
Annexe 1.5 CBT students must bring and wear a medical style face mask, buff or motorcycle style wind-stopper covering their mouth and nose
Annexe 1.6 No food or drink will be provided by 3CMT. Students should bring their own refreshments.
Annexe 1.7 All waste food, packaging and containers must be taken away by students
Annexe 1.8 Toilet facilities are no longer available at our CBT site due to restriction by the site owners
Annexe 1.9 DAS students undertaking a DVSA Module 1 and or Module 2 riding test MUST
- Wear a medical style face mask, buff or motorcycle style wind-stopper covering their mouth and nose
- Comply with all existing or future DVSA suitable clothing for motorcycle test requirements https://www.gov.uk/motorcycle-test/what-to-take
The DVSA may cancel your test for non-compliance. No refund from 3CMT is available for failure to comply with these or any other current or future publicly published DVSA requirements for motorcycle test candidates.
Annexe 2.0 DAS students undertaking a DVSA Module 1 and or Module 2 riding test and whilst on site at a DVSA test centre and or during a DVSA riding test will be subject to any and all DVSA requirements regarding COVID-19 safety. In the event of a test cancellation by the DVSA for any failure of a student to comply with DVSA regulations no refund from 3CMT shall be available.