Effective Date: this document was last updated 8th May 2018
At 3 Counties Motorcycle Training we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when, why and what personal data we collect, how we use it, the terms under which we may disclose it to 3rd parties and how we keep it secure.
By using this website and / or the services of 3 Counties Motorcycle Training you are agreeing to be bound by this policy. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions contained in this Policy, please do not use this website or the services of 3 Counties Motorcycle Training.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page to ensure you are happy with our process. In an effort to keep you informed of changes to this Policy, we will indicate the effective date of the currently posted policy at the top of the Policy.
Who are we?
3 Counties Motorcycle Training
7 Cambridge Rd
Why do we collect personal information from you?
We are a provider of motorcycle training courses that require certain personal information to be collected from you to
- Validate who you are
- Perform a valid driving licence check with the DVLA
- Book a 3 Counties Motorcycle Training provided course
- Book a DVLA provided driving theory test and / or driving practical test
- Issue a DL196 CBT certificate on successful completion of a CBT course
How do we collect personal information from you?
We obtain information about you when
- You visit our website
- You make a booking with 3 Counties Motorcycle Training
- You complete a motorcycle training course such as CBT or DAS
What type of personal information do we collect from you?
The personal information we collect may include
- Unless you provide information voluntarily, we will not collect any personal information about you when you visit our website except for
- IP address and the website pages visited and when. Please see below for information on Cookies.
- When making an enquiry via our website form for further details
- Phone number
- When making a booking for a 3 Counties Motorcycle Training course
- Date of Birth and age
- Driving licence number
- National Insurance Number
- When attending a Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) course
- Date of Birth and age
- Driving licence number
- Additionally, a record will be kept of your riding skills capability in the event that a CBT was not successfully completed. This enables 3 Counties Motorcycle Training to provide the right training when you return to complete CBT. This skills record will be destroyed after 3 months.
Where is personal information stored?
We store your personal information in a secure location that is accessible only by designated staff. We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction
How long is personal information retained?
Your information may be retained for up to 2 years. This enables 3 Counties Motorcycle Training to inform you of
- Notification of dates of your course(s) and DVLA driving tests
- CBT renewal date check
- DL196 (CBT) certificate replacement service
- Offer promotions and courses solely provided by 3 Counties Motorcycle Training
Do we share your personal information with any 3rd parties?
We only share your personal information with the necessary 3rd parties to provide a Motorcycle Training service. or to fulfill our legal obligations. This includes
- The DVLA
- To perform a driving licence check
- To booking a driving theory test and / or driving practical test(s)
- To submit issued CBT certificate (DL196) returns
We may also use your personal information to identify you in the instance that a Notice of Intended Prosecution has been received by 3 Counties Motorcycle Training with regard to a traffic offence committed by a student whilst under tuition by 3 Counties Motorcycle Training.
How may I ask for my personal information to be amended or deleted?
You may withdraw consent for the use of your personal information (excluding any use by which 3 Counties Motorcycle Training are obliged to comply with their legal obligations in providing motorcycle training, driving licence law and the current Road Traffic Regulation Act) by contacting us at
3 Counties Motorcycle Training at
Your consent applies to the following domains: 3cmt.co.uk
What are cookies ?
What types of cookies do we use ?
Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: TThese are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|__utmc||The cookie is set by Google Analytics and is deleted when the user closes the browser. It is used to enable interoperability with urchin.js, which is an older version of Google Analytics and is used in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine new sessions/visits.|
|__utmt||Google Analytics sets this cookie to inhibit request rate.|
|__utmz||Google Analytics sets this cookie to store the traffic source or campaign by which the visitor reached the site.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Analytics”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.|
|cookies_accepted||No description available.|
|PHPSESSID||This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users’ unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.|
How can I control the cookie preferences ?